The Commanding Officer of the Bermuda Regiment would like to remind the public that the Regiment’s Annual 2 week Recruit Camp will begin on Sunday 15 Jan 2012. Recruits are reminded that in accordance with the “Recruit Camp General Instruction” that they were issued in October or November 2011 they are to:
- Be at Warwick Camp for a 7:45am start
- Be dressed in their Combat Uniform
- Have in their possession all the kit that they were issued and told to bring to Camp.
- Be clean shaven
- Have a regulation haircut
- Come with an open mind and positive attitude
Lieutenant Colonel Gonsalves stated, “Of all the specifics that we require from new recruits, an open mind and positive attitude are equally the most important. The Regiment offers young men and women a unique opportunity to work together in a structured, proactive, and rewarding environment. We know that some members of the public like to “show-off” to potential recruits by fabricating stories – my advice to 2012’s recruits is to ignore those negative individuals and look forward to a challenging two weeks conducted by professional and dedicated staff.”